Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

3rd day part 2 (Still Exhausted!)



The grounds surrounding the Musuem were beautiful. I was extremely hot although you can't really tell from the pictures. After that we went to the Handicraft Mart but, it was not as interesting as the night market. Then we decidied to check out the Sogo Department Store and Yes! we found Din Tai Fung and it was awesome like everyone said. I can't believe the prices either. We will be going back there. We only had to wait 5 minutes, too. We then strolled around and got some desserts. They put them in little individual boxes. I could not believe how many dessert places they had. The desserts were just beautiful, also. I also had to take a picture of the lady with the black hat. They are ladies that work at the mall. I wish I could have gotten a better picture especially of the one working the elevator. There uniforms were interesting. Janel is loving the cabs. Everyone is exhausted, we get the kids tomorrow and we are a little anxious about how it will go. Alex told me she likes Florida better. I do think everyone has had a great trip and we are so looking forward to tomorrow. It still does not seem real. -Denise

3 comments:

Ahma Penny said...

We are waiting anxiously for pics of you meeting the children. It really looks like you are taking in a lot in just a few short days. We miss all of you. Tell Ahma Sandy I am keeping her in my thoughts. Keep those pics coming..they are wonderful to see.

J+Di Di said...

Looks like you are having fun!! BTW, a typhoon is about to hit Taiwan on August 8th. Be careful out there!

Jackie W.

Cole said...

We are gettting so excited over here in FL. I showed Landon the pictures of Ben and Noahs family picking up their sissy and he wants to know if you are picking up his too? Hmnn, Yeah why don't you do that for us :) I'll pay you back the ticket once I see you! Hey an idea right???? Can't sleep over here waiting and I know you wont post till much later so I am off and will check in the morning. Give hugs to everyone!

Cole