Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Finally Home






After a long flight, we are finally home. So, far so good. Katie has had a little bit of an attitude since we left from the hotel. I do not blame her at all, she has been through alot in the last couple of days and for the most part she has done real well. There are quite a few of us to get used to. The boys are home from school and we are looking to spending some time together. I thought everyone might enjoy seeing a few more pictures of our trip.


Jaclyn brought Becka to see Katie and it did not go like we expected. Becka is really sweet but, Katie would not pay any attention to her. I hope that she just had a bad day and that she will be happier to see her next time. It was nice that Jaclyn brought her kids over though. In the long run I think it will be nice that they can be friends. I just have to remember that my goals need to be focused on the long run.


Katie really wants to get her ears pierced. It is surprising how well she can communicate something when she wants to. So, the next couple weeks will be really busy with things like school starting and doctors appointments. I am anxious to see how well she fairs with all the change. School starts in 10 days so I will keep up the blog so everyone can see how we are all doing. Please say a prayer for us that all goes well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Denise,

I have enjoyed reading about your trip. So glad you made it safely home and can begin to settle in. Katie looks like such a sweet girl.

Jeanne,
from AKC

Judy said...

Welcome home! Look forward to reading more on Katie and Dawson's progress.

Judy

Ann said...

Welcome home. I'm sure that you are very glad to be home. I totally enjoyed reading all about your journey in Taiwan.