Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Friday, August 3, 2007

We are here

Finally, we are here. It still seems very surreal. The flights were fairly smooth. I learned right before we left that you save money if you wait and exchange it at the airport and that is indeed true. We are staying at the Howard Plaza and so far everything seems great. Our room is nice, not huge but, we like the people that we have meet. Quite a few people speak english. We do not get the kids until Monday so we are going exploring this weekend. It is Friday night now. We did go out and walk a little. There is a Barista Coffee Shop down the street and we went and bought cheescake. It tasted just like the cheesecake at the Taiwanese bakery (for those of you in Orlando.) The kids love it, it is not too heavy. Now we are getting readyfor bed. For those of you from my AKC list, Taiwan reminds me quite a bit of Korea. The people have been real nice. The one thing that surprises me is all the license plates are in English (at least the ones I have seen.) The thing that is not like Korea is that there are mopeds every where. I will try and take a picture tomorrow. We saw a mom, dad, and daughter on one moped and I forgot to mention, it was raining.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you are there!! I am so excited for you and your sister. Please keep posting!!
Lisa Z (akc)

Judy said...

congratulations! Howard plaza is a nice hotel. we go there to take the airport bus. $140NT per person one way. But won't be doing the bus when we have the little one. Saturday is the Flower and Jade market. It is a short walk from Howard Plaza. Also, you are not far from Sogo Department store on ChungHsiao East road. That is also where the MRT (subway) station is. San Yat Sang Memorial is further down on Rein Ai Road. it may be too hot to walk. You are also not too far from the AIT.

Congratulations again.

Tisra said...

I can't wait to read more updates and see pictures!!!

Tisra
waiting for referral as of April 2007

J+Di Di said...

Yeah!! Glad to know that you have arrived safely. Well, I will be glued to my computer waiting for updates on your blog! :)

Have fun!

Jackie Wu
Yahoo Taiwan Adoption Group

Jaclyn said...

Denise and Janel,
We are so exited for you guys. It's amazing to be there isn't it? We wish we could be there with you. We can't wait for you to get home and Rebecka is very anxious to see Xing-Tong. Have the time of your life. If you get the chance say hi to my little girl..Love you guys....Jaclyn