Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Monday, August 13, 2007

My Camera is Broke

Yes, my new camera is broke. I told you that I had trouble with it at the orphanage. I thought that I had wore out the battery but, now it will not take pictures but you can still hear the motor, it just does not focus. So, I paid all this money to have a nice camera instead I have something else to deal with. So......I will just have to give a report and not add pictures until I figure something else out. Katie and Lizzy went to the doctor today and all is well. They weigh exactly the same and Lizzy is only taller by a 1/2 of an inch. I guess so much for being the "Big Sister."

Also, I discovered that Katie can count to 11 without any problem, she knows her colors in English, and she can put the alphabet in order using cards (even though she has not said them for us.) She does not say many words in English and yet she can sing all the songs in High School Musical. School starts Monday and though I wish I had another week, I think everything will be okay.

If anyone has had any trouble it is Lizzy, I think her feelings are hurt a little. I have been trying hard to show her some good attention but, I guess it is just hard. Katie can be kind of strong about what she wants and she is clingy and I do not think that Lizzy is used to either one of those things. I think it will be fine, given a little time. It has only been 1 week so far. It amazes me that Katie has been through so many changes in a week. I guess I need to remember so has Lizzy. Ben and Noah seem unaffected and I guess they still assume the world revolved around them. Noah starts kindergarten next week and I can hardly believe it. He is so cute and he is doing great with his alphabet, Thanks to Big Mama for helping. Well, the next week will be a busy one. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

TaiwanMommy said...

Hey y'all-

I'm Val.. not an FFCer, but on their list cause I just love em.

I've been thinkig of Xing Tong and hoping all would go well for her, and here I've found her.. on your blog, looking so happy! And you're from Leesburg! How funny! My mom lives between Bushnell and Brookville.. off 476. Isn't that a riot?

We adopted Harper and Taelor, twin girls, from Taiwan, last year. They're almost 2 now. Next year, we plan to return for their little brother.. he'll be our caboose.

Best wishes on those beautiful kiddos.

hugs-
Val