Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

I know this is backwards but, I am lucky I figured out how to do this much





This is part 2 of our day and I know the posting is backwards but you will have to scroll down for the start. As you can see Janel and mom had way too much fun with the worm things (that is what heat and jet lag do to you.) The Jade Market was great but so hot. After we got back from the Jade Market we went to Taipei 101 but, I forgot to put the card in my camera so, you will have to trust me when I say it was crazy. I had never seen more people in one place and eating (at least until we went to the Shih Lin Night Market.) It made Disney World seem slow. It was raining when we went to Taipei 101 and Janel's taxi driver gave them the ride of there life. I don't think she tipped him either. I guess the rule is do not scare the Americans if you want a tip. For the most part the other drivers have been great. Koreans are much more relaxed in their daily lives from what little I have seen. It has been really neat to get a glance at both cultures. After we went to Taipei 101 we went back to the hotel to nap. We slept from 2:30 until 7:30. Needless to say our internal clocks are all messed up. After that it was time for round 2 which consisted of the Shih Lin Night Market and then snacks back at the hotel. The people that are in line in this last picture are waiting for whatever they are serving in the picture above it. I am not sure what it is but, you must understand that this was not a fast moving line so, it must have been something good. The market is huge and the people, you would just have to be there and see for yourself. We went back to the hotel and had snacks in the coffee room. We all love the lemon tea that they have, because of a misunderstanding Janel was the only one who got hers cold. We are learning! We love the hotel and the people have been great. We have only been here one day and yet we saw so much. We are looking forward to tomorrow. I think Janel is going to chime in sometime soon. -Denise

4 comments:

Cole said...

I am so excited to see all of you there! Yeah, It finally did happen. I bet teh kids are having a fun and interesting time too. Can't wait to see Katie and Dawson in you guys are. We are suppsoe to travel in late September or early October. Our hearing is set for September 3rd and our case is said to be following Xing Tongs. Anyhow cant wait for our girls to meet. Best wishes to all of you. Tell the kids we said hello.

Ahma Penny said...

What a grand time it sounds like all of you are having.
We are reading every word and gazing at every photo.
Can't wait to see you with Dawson and Katie..can't wait to meet everybody.
Have a great time!

Judy said...

they are waiting in line for fried chicken steak. (made from a whole piece of chicken breast). We stood in line also when we were there last February :) It was really good.

wootenk86 said...

I love all of the pictures and am so glad that y'all are having a good time. I can't wait to meet Katie and Dawson! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
-Kim