Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

What a Day





What a day. We saw and did alot today. The first picture is the view from our rooms. We woke up and walked to the bakery (it was very good.) The kids loved the pastries, they are not overly sweet. The second picture is the mopeds. They are everywhere and how they don't get hit, I do not know. Then there we are heading back out to the Jade Market. It wasn't that busy when we first got there but, then things got crazy. I guess people here are not early risers. My kids tried the shaved ice. It was much better than it looked. We laughed so hard as they eat worm looking things. I will have to continue my blog because it upload so many pictures. I know that everyone wants to see what we are doing. It was quite hot today and just like in Florida there was a thunderstorm in the afternoon but, then it colded of a little in the evening. Stay tuned for part 2 of our day.

No comments: