Not quite yet

We are not quite set yet but, we are both getting anxious. We have quite a group traveling with us. I (Denise) am taking 3 of my older kids (Trey, Alex, and Lizzy) with me. Janel will be rooming with my mom (Sandy) and her oldest daughter Ashley. We will leave on Thursday morning and arriving in Taiwan on Friday evening.

Tomorrow, I will run some last minute errands and try and figure out the best way to exchange money. Janel has already done this and I thought she got ripped off. Well, I think she may have been the smart one. Maybe, I will just use her money.

I said that I would take notes for those of you traveling after us. The first note is to check out money exchange rates before you travel. It pays to plan ahead.

Keep reading to see how it all turns out.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Exhausted! (start here for day 3)






We have been trying to see all of Taiwan in 2 days and it is starting to take it's toll. We are going to bed early tonite because tomorrow is the big day. We had a little slower day. We started at the buffet breakfast in the hotel, it was good. After that we were oof to explore the CKS Museum. The had a exhibit there featuring some work done by high school and middleschoolers. There was a virtual screen where you tried to pat the ball that floated. It was nice to see the teenagers working the exhibit. We also tried our hand at writing with pen and ink. It is harder than it looks. The building were beautiful but, there is lots of construction going on. Scroll up if you want to know more.

No comments: